Monday, January 15, 2007

...we can be heroes just for one day...

david bowie's song is utterly beautiful and i've liked for ages, but now it keeps ringing on my head because of my most recent obsession: the tv drama series Heroes.

my friend Xai gave the first 4 episodes on a disc, which he had downloaded... but it didn't work in my computer.. so i did the next best thing and watched the show through youtube.

and

i

love

it..

LOVE

IT!!!

why?

1. superheroes.. i grew up with (names used in Costa Rica): Mazinger Z, Capitan Raymar, los SuperAmigos (a.k.a. Justice League), Thudercats, the one about the falcons in space (what was the name??), Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc.
then el fo started lending me his comics: Justice League, X-Men, Sandman (he is a hero.. sort of), Astro City, The Inhumans, Watchmen, etc.
and hector hooked me on Crimson, Promethea, and more Allan Moore comics.
ok, these are all comics but, what better place for heroes than on the mass appeal of graphic novels and comics??

2. it is a sign of the times. i truly believe so. because a) we are waiting for the end of the world, one way or another.. the big trial, something that will attempt end this screwed up world.. and have someone bigger than us save it. and b) who doesn't want a superpower? for real..

3. the cast is amazing. i have to admit that Milo Ventimiglia lured me (i'm a big Gilmore Girls fan and i always rooted for Jess), but then.. wow, the rest of the cast is amazing..

4. the plot. it has kept me glued to youtube for hours... and i don't have such a fast internet connection, so it takes me a while to download a whole episode. i must admit that i have anticipated certain details about the overall plot, but as a whole, it is promising.

5. HIRO!!!! i love the character... he is the epitome of what is pure and positive. he struggles, he believes in destiny, he hasn't lost his faith and he is willing to learn. this is a clip from Masi Oka's appearance in a tv show.. ok, i know that i'm mixing character with actor, but i must admit that Masi Oka appeals to me just as much as Hiro.

http://www.heroestheseries.com/masi-oka-on-craig-
fergusons-late-show/

I HEART HIRO

I HEART HEROES

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The name will be silverhawks, los halcones galacticos, saludos ale. atte beto