Friday, July 07, 2006

aluka goes to hollywood

nah... i'm just kidding...

ok, so here's the deal... i haven't written in more than a month... so there's a lot to tell you guys...

officially, i finish the semester next monday when i present my final paper for my Literary Theory II class... and after i finish tabulating all the freakin' evaluations... so that's it, no more TAing for me, i-am-done... D-O-N-E!!!

i'll pursue something different... maybe teaching... college, highschool... who knows??

for my seminar on the novel i presented a project called "El comic como novela: una lectura bajtiniana de Watchmen de Alan Moore" ("The Comic as Novel: a Bajtinian Reading of Alan Moore's Watchmen"), which was great, i mean, now i know i can use Bajtin to prove that comics are indeed novels--in the traditional sense. And that had been my topic for my thesis... or at least what i wanted to do... but in reality, and this really sucks, it's a poor choice... because there's no one in the university, at least in Modern Languages, who could guide me (a.k.a. thesis advisor) and that my friends is trouble... so i was talking with this professor who has office in the same place as me, and she was advicing me to maybe choose a different topic, so i pulled out my plan B which was Patricia Duncker's Hallucinating Foucault. It is uber cool and interesting and it deals with obsession and, well, Foucault.. so, i'll see... i'll try to re-read it and see what i can do..

and then there's Barcelona... oh yeah, it's B day minus 10 days..

hope all is well with y'all..................

No comments: